Spring is the season of new beginnings, rebirth, and renewal. When green grass starts popping up, tree buds bloom, and windows welcome in a fresh breeze, spring fever invites big plans for the coming year. Many homeowners plan to list their home for sale in the spring while other homeowners get inspired to tackle a list of home improvements they mentally cataloged over the winter. In this blog, we’ll highlight spring exterior curb appeal tips for homeowners looking for a refresh and for homeowners planning to list their homes. It is not uncommon for homeowners to button up their curb appeal and then realize they have items bugging them inside their home too. Interior lighting is one item that often bugs homeowners with all the natural sunlight in spring and summer, and we have a blog titled “3 Lighting Ideas to Update and Modernize Any Room” that offers some great ideas. At the end of this blog, we’ll wrap up with a list of links to other blogs we’ve published, from “3 MUST DO Staging Tips Before Listing Your Home,” and “Spruce Up Spring Home Décor Is Easy As 1, 2, 3,” to “Refresh or remodel, what is your kitchen telling you?”The ideas and tips found in the links listed at the bottom of this blog have helped our home remodeling consulting service customers save a lot of time and money, and could be applied universally to home staging, and home interior decorating in general. If you get stuck in applying these ideas and tips and need help, contact Uniquely Yours Home today for a hassle-free home remodel consultation at 763-458-9710.
1. Give the front door/outside entry to your home some spring flare!
• Give it a good cleaning. Sweep up all cobwebs, brush off/pressure wash the front porch, steps, deck, and siding.
• Give your front door/trim a fresh coat of paint. You can even go as far as replacing your front door, studies show that the ROI for a new front door is almost 500%.
• Add a seasonal wreath, tip: to give your décor some longevity by choosing seasonal over holiday style in your wreath selection.
• Add a new welcome mat. We love the look of a double mat, adds some additional texture, and really warms up your welcoming of guests.
2. Tidy button-up landscaping.
• Go through and clean out all those pesky weeds. You want to do this earlier rather than later to avoid a massive project!
• Remove all plants that didn't make it through the winter and replace them with a fresh pop of color.
• Perennials are a good choice for less maintenance and make sure to research which plants are a good option for the amount of sunlight the front of your house gets.
3. Inexpensive ways to update the exterior of your home.
• Replace worn and tired-looking house numbers. Picking a more modern look for your house numbers will make them stand out and can really add some personality.
• Swap out exterior house lights if they are looking shabby. Go with a more streamlined look to give your home an instant, and inexpensive, update!
• Seal coating your asphalt driveway. This will be more of an expense but can give your driveway a new life without having to replace it, which will save you more in the long run. Sealcoating protects your asphalt from water, sun, and oils, giving the front of your home a fresh and clean look without breaking the bank.
Did you catch a case of the “might as wells?”
After you complete all three-curb appeal tasks listed above, don’t be surprised if the idea “I might as well do the inside of the house too” pops up. Below is the list of blog links we encourage you to dive into. If you get stuck or need some help, Uniquely Yours Home offers uncomplicated and affordable interior decorating, home staging, and home remodeling consulting services. Contact Uniquely Yours Home today for a hassle-free home refresh interior decorating plan or for remodeling ideas at 763-458-9710.
Here is a list of helpful home interior decorating, home staging, and home remodeling blogs:
DISCLAIMER: Please note that there are affiliate links within this article. This means that at no additional cost to you, Uniquely Yours Home may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. We appreciate you supporting our business in this way!